Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Three Letters to Madness - Part One



As of late I find myself more and more drawn into the inner workings of my mind. I wonder what my motives were for doing -or not doing- little things like making a phone call, sending a text, or the first thing to do in the morning. I started this because I was sick of people telling me the answer to a question only I can answer. The question that we so often avoid answering; a simple three letter word that can forever shape anyone’s future. WHO are you?


The answer is so complex it’s often very hard to answer. Now it doesn’t help that we are raised to think that there is only one answer. This in itself is false. The world is ever changing, thus so are the truths and lies that we live by. Yesterday’s correct answers are today’s falsehoods. So, back to the original question, WHO are you?


You may be thinking one of the following: I am my blood (family legacy …etc), I am my accomplishments (career, money, power...etc), I am a humble servant of the Lord… the list goes on and on. No matter what answer you give the others always seem equally or at least semi equally appealing.


So, what is the answer to this question? It’s simple. So simple you will laugh. The answer is whatever you want it to be. Which leaves us with another question; What do I want? To answer that read my next post…

No comments:

Post a Comment